After friends nagging about me not blogging for so long (Sierra!), I’m backkkkkk! I cannot believe how long it has been since I have posted, seriously sooo long! Honestly, I didn’t have a particularly eventful summer, so there is not much to blog about there. I did go on a few short weekend trips.
- Soda Springs with the gang (17 of us!) It was soooo nice the whole time, but the lake was still frozen! we went shooting, climbed through an old abandoned train tunnel, played in the snow, and had margarita hour everyday. It was a great 4 day getaway with great friends!
- Sea Ranch with the fam. Sea Ranch is one of my favorite places to go and it is only about 2 hours away from Sonoma. We rented a beach house for 3 nights and we went on walks, played soccer on the beach, wiffle ball in our cul-de-sac, skip bo every night, and made breakfast/dinner each day except for one night when we went to the Sea Ranch lodge for dinner. It was a great relaxing weekend with my family, which I don’t get to spend a lot of time with because we are all always so busy.
- back into school mode, and working a lot and just wasting away the last days of summer. I have a pretty large school load this semester too.
- Wine and Food Culture of California
- American Politics
- Art Since 1945
- Contemporary Asian Art
- Art and Politics since 1900
So far I love my Art Since 1945 and Art and Politics classes. In my art and politics class, we have been talking about Murals and I had never really studied murals before this class, but they are fascinating! We talked a lot about Diego Rivera and his political murals and we watched a film about one of the most famous muralist, Judy Baca. She has produced murals all over the U.S. including at USC, Cal State Monterey Bay, and the Great Wall Murals in the L.A. Aqueduct.
- I saw Taylor Swift in concert with my sister and cousin. Taylor was amazing live, she really has a beautiful voice! It was an amazing concert.
- I’ve gone to two Giants Games this month so far, and hopefully another one next week! It is finally September Baseball and the Giants are on a winning streak! Lets hope this continues!!!
well that’s all I have for now! I’ll keep updating regularly, I hope, and trying to start a new blog soon about cooking/eating/yummy food!!