It’s almost the end of the third week of school, I can’t believe it! SF State is awesome! I’m taking four classes this semester and they are going great so far! I’ll tell you all about them!
- Art and Architecture of Islam: I’m so excited for this class! we are talking in-depth about the Dome of the Rock, and the beautiful art and architecture of the Islamic culture. There are three hallmarks of the Islamic culture, and they are calligraphy, geometric symbols, and floral designs. I’m very interested to learn a lot in this class!
- Rock Music since the Mid-1960s: Just added this class last-minute, last week and I love it! All we have been talking about is the Beatles and listening to songs like, Strawberry Fields Forever, Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, etc! I love it
- Art of South India: This class is super interesting so far! We started at the beginning of time with the Indus Valley Civilization and now we are talking about the stupas at Sanchi, with are said to have some of the remains of Buddha in the center. There are all kinds of cool stories called jatakas, about the previous lives of the Buddha.
- Geology of National Parks: COOLEST CLASS EVER!!! by teacher is freaking awesome! So stoked on this class! We get to go on two field trips, one to Point Reyes, and the other to Point Lobos! Cant Wait!
Last weekend was pretty eventful too! Friday night, Kris, David, Bonnie and I went to La Casa for dinner, and I had Fajitas and a raspberry Margarita! they were soo good! YUM. After, we went to EDK for drinks and dessert. I got a mojito and we all shared ice cream sandwiches dipped in chocolate, with raspberry and caramel dipping sauces! AMAZING! Saturday night, I went out for Brooke’s 22nd Birthday! Sierra and I met up with Brooke, her boyfriend, Melissa, Megan, Jenna, Maddy, and some of Brooke’s friends from Napa and we did went to the Swiss and Town Square! It was a blast!!
- p.s. I saw the Roommate and it sucked!